I have been ridiculously busy the past few months. The quilt guild I belong to has an ongoing quilt display and this time around we were going to be very short on quilts loaned from members so I went on quilting overdrive.
The biggest news on the quilting front is that Buster now sleeps in my craft room while I quilt! When I had Large Marge, my sit down Tin Lizzie he would not stay in here. He would run when I turned on the machine or even turned my chair to face the machine. It was LOUD. Well, that machine was replaced with a new sit down Lizzie which has been a great thing. It is quiet and stitches like a dream. Yes, I've been battling tension but I'm getting closer to finding the perfect combination for bobbin winding tension, bobbin case tension and top thread tension. I think I had a breakthrough today.
I had a blast doing the wings. I wanted it to be just lines to look like membranes in the wings.
He requested clouds and magical swirls for the border.
No, that section of the castle isn't all wonky. It's just folded funny and I didn't retake the picture.
Hmmm.... I should have adjusted the color in that picture. That is so off.
For those interested, I blew up this pattern 125% using PosteRazor. It's available for purchase (not on my website. It's isn't my design) at equiltpatterns.com
That is where I bought mine - then found it for half the price on Ebay. Yeah well. I was able to start working with it that day though.
One final note....