I finished the top today. It's roughly 47 x 64" I measured it but not I'm forgetting the exact measurements. I purposely made it larger to go on a toddler bed because I figured by the time she got it she might be a toddler!
I'm also working on - and hopefully will finish it by tomorrow afternoon - a smaller quilt that can be used for in the car or for her to carry around or snuggle with. It will have another dacshund on it but not as long and 3 of the dresden flowers on it. I've got it mostly done, mostly. I'll try and kick it out tomorrow then quilt that one up so I have something to give her next time I see her.
My friend, Jen offered to quilt the bigger quilt for me. She is so sweet. I'm going to owe her a lot of bindings. I sold my Bailey mid arm quilter since I hadn't used it and now I'm beginning to whip out larger quilt tops and am really regretting selling her. It's all good though. If I get my book published, I'll buy an 18" or 20" machine and set it up. For now though, I'll be playing it by ear.
Anyhooo... here's my baby quilt picture. The dogs were out of a book called Dare to be Square which is a seriously cute book in my opinion. I got it from our local library. There are a few in there that I want to make. The flowers are just dresdens, alternating the background fabric with the pinks.